As of June 2019 we have two ways to initiate a Temp C of O for all OSM agencies.
The process for the creation of a Temp C of O begins on the Structural permit. After you select the permit that you need the Temp C of O for, go into the Inspection Process in Workflow. Select the New Status of Temp C of O Requested. This will create a related record with the same numbering as the parent record, with the addition of TCO on the end. It will also add a notice to the parent record that a Temp C of O has been requested on the project.
Go to the Related Record Page in the Record List to find your Temp C of O. Select your TCO permit and go to the Workflow page in the Record List. Select the Status of Temp C of O Accepted to move forward. In this task you will fill out the portion of the building that the TCO applies to as well as the length of time that it is valid for. Once you click on submit, a listing of parallel Review tasks will populate. See attached screenshot.
It is necessary that you select at least one of these tasks in order to process the TCO correctly. The next step is to go into the review that you selected and change the status of the TCO to Approved with Conditions.
The comments section of this Review task is where you’ll type what needs to appear on the printed TCO. Any type of conditions or special instructions need to be included here as comments from other task pages will not appear on the TCO.
Once you move to Temp C of O Issuance and select the Status of Temp C of O Issued, the TCO will generate and add itself to the Documents portlet. You may email as well as print out this permit. Once all of the conditions of the TCO have been met, you can go back into Workflow and go into Temp C of O Completeness and select a status of Complete.
This inspection must be scheduled by staff users (public users do not have access to add the inspection). The inspection can be scheduled via the back office or the inspector app. Once the inspection has been scheduled, it will kick off scripting that will:
- Add the inspection to the record
- Create a child TCO record with a status of App Submitted
- Update the workflow task status for Inspection Process on the parent record to Temp C of O Requested with the comments noting it was updated via Inspection
- Update the overall parent record status to TCO Requested/Under Insp
- Add a condition to the parent record
- Automatically result the 1950 TCO Requested inspection as Information Only using the current date. As soon as you schedule this inspection, the scripting is kicked off (even if you schedule the inspection for a future date)
Important criteria for making this work:
- This feature is only available to Commercial Structural, Commercial Phased Project, Residential Structural, Residential Phased Project and Residential 1 & 2 Family Dwelling record types
- The Inspection Process task must be the active task on the Structural record
- You must add the 1950 TCO Requested inspection as Scheduled. The scripting only works when you "Schedule" the inspection (not pending or resulted).
Note: Once the Child TCO record has been created it will need to be processed just as it is today, this new feature only offers another option for creating the TCO record and was specifically created to make it easier for inspectors in the field.
To aid you in monitoring, and follow-up on the processing of these TCO requests, we have created some new Filters:
- TCO – Awaiting Review: TCO records where the TCO record status is Awaiting Review or App Submitted
- TCO – Open (not issued): TCO records where the TCO record status is not TCO Issued, TCO Complete or TCO Withdrawn
- TCO – Created in Past 7 days: TCO records that have an opened date within the past 7 days
- Temp C of O Record - TCO Issued was renamed to TCO Record – TCO Issued
- 1950 TCO Requested (Last 7 Days): 1950 TCO Requested inspections scheduled within the last 7 days